- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) -
2018-2021. Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- Master of Engineering (MEng) -
Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) -
Hanoi University of Science and Technology.
- High School Diploma -
High School for Gifted Student - Hanoi National University of Education
- Theoretical framework for Graph Embedding and Graph Signal Processing (2019-2020): Develop theoretical framework to under Graph Embedding techniques and their connections to Graph Signal Processing at the Discrete Optimization Unit, RIKEN AIP.
- Weakly Supervised Learning on Graphs (2019-2021): Study GNN learning in incomplete data environment at Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- CREST-Deep (2019-2021): Develop graph neural network models for video classification at Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- MAGE: Motif-Aware Graph Embedding. The real world complex networks often have recurring
patterns known as network motifs. By taking the most significant (measured by z-score) motif as
a guiding pattern in a network algorithm, we improved the accuracy of various machine learning
algorithms in complex networks.
Hoang Nguyen, Tsuyoshi Murata. Motif-Aware Network Embedding. Paper and oral presentation, ReLIG@IJCAI-17.
- CREST-Deep: Compressing deep neural network by complex network analysis, funded by JST.
- 2x2MESH-NOC: Implementation of a 2-by-2 Network On Chip using FPGA technology. We implemented a fully
functional 2x2-Mesh Network-on-Chip prototype with 4 processing units (PU) connected by 4 network interface units (NI)
and 4 network routers.
Hoang Nguyen, Hai Nguyen, Truong Nguyen, Nam Pham-Ngoc. Network on Chip. Jun 2014. Undergraduate Thesis - Hanoi University of Science and Technology. (In Vietnamese, available upon request)
Cuong Nguyen, Hoang Nguyen, Nam Pham-Ngoc. Design and evaluation of a pipelined network interface for network on chip applications. Vietnam Telecommunication Journal. October 2014. (In Vietnamese, the english draft is available here)
- Part-time Researcher -
2019-Present. RIKEN Advanced Intelligence Project. Extremal graph theory and discrete optimization research.
- Machine Learning Engineer -
WebSoSanh, JSC. Design and engineer machine learning solutions for product classification and entity disambiguiation. Implementation and unit test are in Python.
- MEXT SGU Schlarship -
2019-2020. Awarded by the Department of Computer Science - Tokyo Institute of Technology and the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- MEXT SGU Schlarship -
2018. Awarded by the Department of Computer Science - Tokyo Institute of Technology and the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- MEXT Scholarship -
2015-2017. Awarded by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology for Master studies at Tokyo Institute of Technology.